Life is Good

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
I'm a stay at home momma who strives daily to stay sane in this madness! Life is Good!

Apr 30, 2009

Potato Soup For Breakfast

This morning I was cutting some homemade bread I made last night and my daughter(3 1/2) informed me that it was "soup bread" not "toast bread". Well, she was sorta correct. Last night I made Potato Soup and Rye Bread,,, she thought "clearly the only way to eat this bread, is dipping it in soup" soo, we had potato soup for breakfast. Here is the recipe I made. It is my own variation on about 4 recipes, I couldn't make a potato soup with more cheese then veggies, no matter how good it sounded. 1 C Chopped Celery 1 C Chopped Carrots 1/4 C Chopped Onion 1 T Butter 5 Medium Potatoes, Baked and cubed 3 T Bouillon 2/3 C Flour 6 C Milk (I prefer 2%) 1 Pkg Dry ranch mix Salt and Pepper to taste 1 C shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer SHARP, because you get more flavor with less cheese) Saute Celery, Carrots, Onion, and Butter in a pot on Medium until soft. Wisk in Flour and Milk until smooth. Add bouillon, ranch, salt, pepper, cheese, and potatoes and simmer on LOW for about 20mins

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails