Life is Good

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
I'm a stay at home momma who strives daily to stay sane in this madness! Life is Good!

Feb 16, 2010

Easy Peasy $3 necklace

Calling all crafters and NON-CRAFTERS!

This is the easiest and cheapest necklace to make, I promise!

NO SPECIAL TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED!

Here are the supplies you need to make a 40 inch necklace.
Supplies:
50 inches of fishing line
100 inches of ribbon (approx 8 ft)
1pkg of bead (When I went into Hobby Lobby all the ribbon and beads were on sale!)


Thread your fishing line into a sewing needle and
start sewing. Leave approx 5-6 inches of both the
fishing line and ribbon on the end. You will use
this at the end to finish your necklace with a bow.
Then start alternating beads and ribbon until you get the desired length you want.






When you get to the end tie the fishing line ends together in a secure square knot and then finish by tying the ribbon into a knot or decorative bow.



Now Go and look fabulous with your delicious new bling!


Here is a yellow one I made,,,,,makes me feel like i'm wearing sunshine!


8 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

LOVE it! I never would have thought of the fishing line idea. I tried once with the suggestion that you cut the end of the organza ribbon at an angle to use it to thread through...and my ribbon kept falling apart. So frustrating. I bet clear quilting floss would work too. Thanks for sharing.

ShellyStout said...

Yeah i bet that would work too, I just didn't have any on hand and my fingers were itching to make something. Plus I like that it is super strong,,,no little hands are gonna break this necklace!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh I love it! The black on black is so pretty. Thanks tons, I'll be linking in the next Jewelry Roundup.

Debbie said...

Love this!

Joanne said...

This is SO cute! I'll be linking today, thanks for sharing!

Joanne @ Ready, Set, Craft!
http://www.readysetcraft.blogspot.com

Alyson said...

I'm so going to make some of these, especially as gifts for friends. Thanks, Shelly!!!

Jennifer said...

This is going to sound so silly - but I'm very new to jewelry making AND not much of a sewer, lol. After you thread the fishing line into the needle, what exactly did you do next? Thanks :-) I'd really love to make this!!

alyson said...

I'm with Jennifer, you say to "start sewing" but I need a bit more clarity. Thanks! I would love to make this for my sister-in-law.

Related Posts with Thumbnails