Life is Good

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
I'm a stay at home momma who strives daily to stay sane in this madness! Life is Good!

Mar 10, 2010

Lovely Stash

   My Aunt recently gifted to me her lovely stash of sewing notions.  This is by far, my favorite type of gift.  I love digging through other peoples' craft supplies.  I adore seeing all the specialty items and thinking of all the fun things they made.  I love seeing all the abandoned projects that never got finished.  The process of sorting someones fabric is very personal. I often feel like I'm betraying all the forgotten projects who are blissfully unaware that I too will never complete them.  On the flip side, my shelves are now filled with lovely vintage items that are no in production, I have ideas busting out of my head, and I feel more connected to my Aunt.  I find it so amazing how much notions are like kids.  I can tell you exactly when, where, and who from I obtained every piece of fabric, button, zipper, ect.
 
Emma loved helping me sort the buttons!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

How fun!!!It's amazing going thru a stash like that and looking at the prices! My b/f's mother has a ton of stuff still here at the house it I found AMAZING spools of ribbon that were like 25 cents each! Enjoy your treasure!

ShellyStout said...

Oh I know! The prices make me long for the days of old, where 10yrds of ribbon was just 15 cents!

Alyssa S. said...

SCORE! I'd love to win a stash like that. It will be fun to see what you do with it :)

Erica said...

That is so nice! I love doing the same thing! my mother in law-ish person... husbands fathers "girlfriend" let us dig though some jewelry findings and we got some great things! I also love finding notions at thrift stores. You got some awesome stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails