Life is Good

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
I'm a stay at home momma who strives daily to stay sane in this madness! Life is Good!

Mar 14, 2009

Flax Seed Pizza

Oh so yummy Flax Seed Pizza
This was a recipe given to me by one of my dearest friends! I love this pizza because the dough is ready in a flash and it taste so great! I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours! Flax Seed Pizza 1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour ( you may not need all of this flour) 1 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour ( you may not need all of this flour) 1/4 C. Flax Seed 2 T Sugar 1 T Fast Rising Yeast 1 C Water 1 T Butter Directions Mix 1 Cup of each flour, flax, sugar and yeast Heat water and butter in microwave until steaming. Pour over dry ingredients and mix Then add the rest of the flour about a 1/2 C at a time. (you may not need all of it) Knead for 4 minutes Roll out on floured surface. Transfer to baking stone or cookie sheet, making the pizza about 2 inches bigger all around. Top with sauce and preferred toppings, then bring the extra dough up around the edge and pinch it to make a stuffed crust style pizza. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Turkey Reuben Loaf Horseradish brown mustard (or Thousand Island dressing) natural sliced turkey, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese. Mediterranean Pesto sauce, grilled chicken, mixed olives, red peppers, feta and mozzarella cheese White Pizza Loaf Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, Mozzarella cheese. Tostada Loaf Refried beans, salsa, cream cheese, cheddar cheese. Cheeseburger Hamburger sauteed with yellow onioin, chopped pickles, bbq sauce, american and cheddar cheese Ham & Cheese Ham, Sautéed chopped onion, Cheddar
*********************************************************************************** I ended up having to cut my dough in two because my 3 year old insisted: "Chicken no go to pizza" I also made traditional red sauce because I knew she wouldn't eat Pesto. At our house Traditional red sauce is half pureed carrots. Shhhh don't tell my kids!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails