Life is Good

My photo
Wichita, KS, United States
I'm a stay at home momma who strives daily to stay sane in this madness! Life is Good!

Jun 10, 2009

Lets hear it for the boy, ahh lets give the boy a hand....

A few weeks ago my husband randomly said to me "I love reading your blog" Say Whaa? You read my blog? Why on earth would he want to read my blog, as if its not enough that he has to live with me! In my utter state of shock at this revelation I said "why?" His response was he liked reading and seeing a different side of me and my perspective on our lives. Oh, interesting I thought. So, I said that if he ever wanted to write something for my blog to inform my readers what our lives are truly like, he was more then welcome. Last night he showed me an E-mail it was titled "BLOG". OH CRAP! He actually wrote something and I'm going to have to publish it because I said I would. Sometimes it sucks being a person who keeps their word. When I opened the E-mail this is what I found: ************************************************** So, I don't know much about meditation... but I think I've been experiencing something very close to it. On most mornings I get up with Harry (the 10 month old stink butt) sometime around 5:00am and feed him a bottle. Now, keep in mind, he doesn't actually get "up" and ask for the bottle (wah, wah, wah). It’s just something my wife and I decided to do in order for him to sleep until 8 or 9 am. And I will be the first to admit, sometimes I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed at that time, or I think I’m too busy getting ready for work to stop and hook up the H-man with a little milk. But, once I get in there and gently pick him up out of his crib… then hold him in the rocking chair and feed him… I’m reminded of how great life is. He’s pretty much half asleep, so you can imagine how sweet he is at that time. Occasionally he will open one his eyes and look up at me, telling me in his own little way how safe he feels with me. He sinks into my arms, his tiny little hands "help" hold the bottle, and his little feet drape over my arm. Anyways, that’s that… those few minutes start my day off great... and I’m so thankful for that little guy. Husband *********************************************** Thanks Honey! I'm speechless

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and mike are great parents shelly! i'm not just trying to be nice, i mean that. :)
i look forward to your new posts every day. you make life fun!

me said...

my neck looks like an accordion. hehe

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say. I thought people were only that nice on TV (Maybe not Jon & Kate). You are a such a sweet family, thanks for letting us take a peek at your lives. I think I'm going to go hold my littlest right now.

:-) said...

That is to precious!!

Alyssa S. said...

Aw, what a sweet daddy! It's so nice to hear from him about how he feels about your little guy. That's awesome! I know for a fact my hubster reads my blog...he's been pushing me to write again...well ever since we first got married. I always know he's been reading it when he pulls something out at the end of the day like "so, I read what you wrote about___". It's cool and scary at the same time :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails